Posted On: 08/20/19 7:32 AM
UPDATED AUG. 20
And the hunt is on! The AAU summer season is barely over and the recruiting of top players is already hot and heavy. While those activities go on out of the public view, most of the clubs are holding open workouts and tryouts with an eye to forming their teams for 2020. Below is the most current information we have on when and where tryouts will be held. It will be updated frequently.
All grades listed with the tryouts are for the player’s grade this fall – i.e. the grade they are going into. If a team has a year listed with it (e.g. Fury 2023) that refers to the player’s high school graduation year. A couple of other notes:
- Clubs are listed in alphabetical order.
- We provide basic information on dates, times and locations. Refer to the club’s website for details.
- We include tryouts for years 2024-2021 (grades 8-11) because those are the years we will cover next summer.
Note to clubs: If your organization is not included here, or your information needs to be updated/corrected, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the updates as soon as possible.
- 24th at 43 Hoops – 4:00-5:30 p.m. (8th-11th)
- Sept. 7th – 6:30 to 8 p.m. (8th-11th)
- Sept. 8th – 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. (8th-11th)
Tryouts are at Olmstead Medical Center Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance in Rochester.
- Sept. 22nd, 29th – Noon-1 p.m. (8th-11th)
Open gyms at Maple Grove Community Gyms/Middle School
- Aug. 20 – 7:00-8:30 p.m. (9th-11th)
- Aug. 26 – 7:00-8:30 p.m. (5th-8th)
North Metro Tryouts at Maple Grove Community Gyms/Middle School
- Sept. 7 – 1-3 p.m. (8th)
- Sept. 8 – 9-11 a.m. (9th), 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (11th), 1-3 p.m. (10th)
South Metro Tryouts at Metcalf Middle School in Burnsville
- Aug. 28 – 6:00-7:30 p.m. (8th), 7:30-9:00 p.m. (9th)
- 10th and 11th grade to be determined
Tryout dates to be determined.
Tryouts at Richfield High School
- Aug. 24, 25 –12:30-2:30 p.m.
MINNESOTA BASKETBALL ACADEMY
- To be determined
Contact Steve Brown for more information (email@example.com)
Southern Minnesota Fury open gym
- Aug. 22 at Hayfield – 7:30-9:00 p.m. (8th-11th)
Tryouts at Highview Middle School in New Brighton.
- Sept. 11 – 6:30-8:00 p.m. (6th-8th), 8:00-9:30 p.m. (9th-11th)
MINNESOTA METRO STARS
- Aug. 25 at Jefferson – 6:30 to 8 p.m. (7th-11th)
- Aug. 28 at Kennedy – 6:30 to 8 p.m. (7th-11th)
- Sept. 8 at Kennedy – 6:30 to 8 p.m. (7th-11th)
Skill sessions serve as tryouts on these dates.
- Aug. 20, 22 at Waseca Intermediate School – 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Aug. 25 at Waseca Intermediate School – 2:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Tryouts at Rochester Community & Technical College (fieldhouse).
- Sept. 8 – 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. (5th-8th), 6:30-8:00 p.m. (9th-11th)
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 507-261-2176.
- Aug. 20 at Kennedy –7:30 to 9 p.m. (9th-11th)
- Aug. 26 at Kennedy – 7:30 ti 9 p.m. (8th, 10th, 11th)
- Aug. 27 at Kennedy – 7:30 to 9 p.m. (9th grade)
- Sept. 7 at Kennedy – 2:15 to 3:45 p.m. (8th), 4 to 5:30 p.m. (9th), 5:30 to 7 p.m. (10th-11th)
Tryouts at Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School in New Ulm
Development nights at Robbinsdale Cooper (New Hope Gyms)
- Aug. 22, 26, 29th – 7:00 to 8:15 p.m.
Tryouts at Robbinsdale Cooper (New Hope Gyms)
- Aug. 22 – 6:30-8:00 p.m. (7th-9th), 8:00-9:30 p.m. (10th-11th)
- Sept. 7, 8th. – Details to be determined
- Email email@example.com for information.
Open gyms/evaluations are at Minnetonka HS.
- Aug. 25 – 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. (8th-11th)
URBAN VENTURES ACADEMY (UVA)
- To be determined
Top photo courtesy of the Berkshire Eagle.