Posted On: 08/30/19 12:32 PM
UPDATED AUG. 30
And the hunt is on! The AAU summer season is barely over and the recruiting of top players is already hot and heavy. While those activities go on out of the public view, most of the clubs are holding open workouts and tryouts with an eye to forming their teams for 2020. Below is the most current information we have on when and where tryouts will be held. It will be updated frequently.
All grades listed with the tryouts are for the player’s grade this fall – i.e. the grade they are going into. If a team has a year listed with it (e.g. Fury 2023) that refers to the player’s high school graduation year. A couple of other notes:
- Clubs are listed in alphabetical order.
- We provide basic information on dates, times and locations. Refer to the club’s website for details.
- We include tryouts for years 2024-2021 (grades 8-11) because those are the years we will cover next summer.
Note to clubs: If your organization is not included here, or your information needs to be updated/corrected, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the updates as soon as possible.
- Sept. 7th – 6:30 to 8 p.m. (8th-11th)
- Sept. 8th – 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. (8th-11th)
Tryouts are at Olmstead Medical Center Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance in Rochester.
- Sept. 22nd, 29th – Noon-1 p.m. (8th-11th)
North Metro Tryouts at Maple Grove Community Gyms/Middle School
- Sept. 7 – 1-3 p.m. (8th)
- Sept. 8 – 9-11 a.m. (9th), 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (11th), 1-3 p.m. (10th)
South Metro Tryouts at Metcalf Middle School in Burnsville
- 8th and 9th completed
- 10th and 11th grade to be determined
Tryout dates to be determined.
- Sept. 7 at Chanhassen – 1:30-3:00 p.m. (9th-10th)
Tryouts at Highview Middle School in New Brighton.
- Sept. 11 – 6:30-8:00 p.m. (6th-8th), 8:00-9:30 p.m. (9th-11th)
MINNESOTA METRO STARS
- Sept. 8 at Kennedy – 6:30 to 8 p.m. (7th-11th)
Skill sessions completed.
Tryouts at Rochester Community & Technical College (fieldhouse).
- Sept. 8 – 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. (5th-8th), 6:30-8:00 p.m. (9th-11th)
Register by emailing email@example.com or call/text 507-261-2176.
Tryouts at Bloomington Kennedy HS
- Sept. 7 – 2:15 to 3:45 p.m. (8th), 4 to 5:30 p.m. (9th), 5:30 to 7 p.m. (10th-11th)
Tryouts at Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School in New Ulm
Tryouts at Robbinsdale Cooper (New Hope Gyms)
- Sept. 7 – 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. (10th-11th); 11 to 12:30 (8th-9th)
Free tryouts at Stillwater HS
- Sept. 8 – 12:30 to 2 p.m. (5th-11th)
- Sept. 15 – 12:30 to 2 p.m. (5th-9th), 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. (10th-11th)
Open gyms/evaluations completed.
START STRONG FINISH STRONGER
Tryouts at Anoka-Ramsey CC in Coon Rapids
- Sept. 10 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (9th)
- Sept. 11 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (10th)
Tryouts for grades 5-8 will be held in January.
URBAN VENTURES ACADEMY (UVA)
- To be determined
Top photo courtesy of the Berkshire Eagle.