Posted On: 03/15/21 12:50 PM
The 2023 Rankings were updated this week to include 65 players. from across Arizona. This years has been extremely tough to evaluate players due to the AIA season starting late and the limited ability to attend games…..nonetheless we have been tracking the 2023 class. Several players have seen their rankings improve due to stellar play during the abbreviated season. Here are some of the stock risers for this edition of the 2023 updated rankings.
(3) Reilly Clark Reilly Clark 5'10" | CG Catalina Foothills | 2023 State AZ (5’10″, CG, Catalina Foothills) – Clark moves up one spot due to her stellar play this season. She was recently named the 5A Sonoran Player of the Year. This coming off a AIA Freshman of the year in her freshman season. Clark is 3rd in scoring for the 2023 class with an average of 20.2 points a game and she is pulling in over 8 rebounds a game from the guard position. She is one of the top pure shooters in the state…regardless of class. Previous Ranking: 4
(5) Khamil Pierre Khamil Pierre 5'11" | SF Perry | 2023 State AZ (5’11″, SF, Perry) – Pierre is the highest stock riser for the updated rankings going from 32 to the 5th ranked player in the class. She is a star in the making after an incredible jump from her freshman season. Ultra talented player who is getting better each day. Pierre’s versatility is off the charts on both offense and defense. She averaged 17.3 pts, 8.5 rebs and over 3 steals a contest. Pierre turned in one of the better performances of the year in a close loss to 6A Final Four Participant Xavier Prep where she scored 34 points. She plays best again better competition. Previous Ranking: 32
(6) Ashiian Hunter Ashiian Hunter 5'5" | CG Mesa | 2023 State AZ (5’5″, CG, Mesa) – Hunter was selected as the Region Player of the Year in arguably the most competitive region (6A East Valley) in the state. She averaged nearly 22 points a game leading the Jackrabbits to a Elite 8 finish in 6A. Hunter had 2 games of 30+ points. She can score at all 3 levels and Hunter is super creative with the ball in her hands. A cat quick performer. Seeing is believing. Previous Ranking: 18
(8) Hannah Beard Hannah Beard 5'5" | PG Verrado | 2023 State AZ (5’5″, PG, Verrado) – Beard is a defensive standout. She was named Region Defensive Player of the Year in the 5A Desert West Region which is the most competitive region in 5A. She was also selected 1st Team All Region. On the offensive side of the ball, Beard has demonstrated that she knows how to manage a team from the lead guard position. She takes care of the ball and Beard understands how to get her team in the right flow on offense. She is a game manager as she leads the 2023 class in assists at over 6 per game and she is 3rd in steals for the class at 4.5 picks per game. Previous Ranking: 11
(13) Victoria Cazares Victoria Cazares 5'5" | CG Pueblo | 2023 State AZ (5’5″, CG, Pueblo) – Cazares led Pueblo in scoring with 17.3 points a game combined with 3+ steals, 3+ rebounds and 4+ assists. She is one of the top underclassmen in Southern Arizona and she has improved each year since we started scouting her. She comes from a basketball family that has been instrumental in the success of the Pueblo program. Cazares has good length, a nice handle and she plays the passing lanes as good as anyone in the class. Look for a breakout AAU season for Cazares. Previous Ranking: 21