This week across the country is a banner week for AAU events given it is an NCAA live period. Included is this year’s Prep Girls Hoops 2K22 emanating from the Romeoville Athletic & Event Center just outside of Chicago.
A number of teams converged on the Windy City suburb for two days of exciting basketball. The event welcomed teams from not only Illinois but also Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Alabama and New Mexico among others.
It was another event that rising seniors as well as those playing up in class are indeed on the rise – in the Midwest and across the country. Here is a look at who brought their balling shoes to the Second City.
Diellza Dalipi – 2023 – Westmont HS – Big3 2023 Pam – Diellza Dalipi does damage on the daily. The Sentinels veteran has stood out as a basketball player and on the softball diamond at Westmont. She is listed as a 5-foot-7 power forward, but has dribbling ability that defies conventional wisdom. Dalipi can convert on high-percentage opportunities near the rim but will also shoot the 3-pointer and come through with blocked shots on the defensive end. Dalipi began her live period weekend in Chicago with a live performance – a 16-point outing as Big3 2023 Pam earned a 43-32 win over Alabama Twisters Elite 2023.
Anastasia Andrianopoulos – 2023 – Glenbard West HS – Big3 2023 Pam – Andrianopoulos fills up a stat sheet for reasons that go beyond her 14-letter Greek last name. Listed at 5-foot-8, she is versatile in the frontcourt as she finds playing time as either a three or a four. Defensively, she causes plenty of problems for opponents with her ability to come away with the ball and create extra possessions for her team. Andrianopoulos is also a gifted 3-point shooter. She began her Prep Girls Hoops 2K22 weekend with a 20-point outing in a 43-32 victory over Alabama Twisters Elite 2023. She is poised to end her Hilltoppers career in emphatic fashion.
– 2023 – Deerfield HS – Full Package 2023 Black – Kerndt proved to be a key factor in the Warriors’ 2020-21 season that saw them finish with a 26-6 record, a first-place conference finish and a playoff berth. She is versatile and can play productive minutes anywhere on the court. Her scoring and rebounding make her a consistent threat to manage double-doubles and she also will get out in transition. In addition, she plays within the flow of an offense and can attack the rim. Kerndt managed an 11-point effort in an emphatic victory for Full Package 2023 Black over Big3 2023 Pam as they went 2-0 for Thursday’s games. She was offered in May by Illinois Wesleyan.
– 2025 – Deerfield HS – Full Package 2023 Black – Galvan’s status as a rising sophomore on a 17U team is a testament to her talent. That is also shown by the offers she has received from Minnesota, Wisconsin and SIU-Edwardsville. A two-sport athletes who also thrives on the soccer pitch, Galvan approaches every game with a great deal of energy. She will get creative with how she dishes the rock to her teammates and possesses lots of speed and toughness on both ends of the floor. Galvan takes care of the ball and can put points on the board from virtually anywhere on the floor. She had 15 of them in a lopsided win for Full Package 2023 Black on Thursday against Big3 2023 Pam.
– 2023 – Lake Forest HS – Full Package 2023 Black – Kaus is garnering more attention from college coaches recently as evidenced by the offers she has received from a couple of Empire State schools in Cornell and NYU. At 5-foot-10, she displays her overall versatility as someone who can find minutes as either a guard or a forward. She makes plenty of plays near the rim and that is complimented by what she does as a rebounder. Kaus is skilled as a rim attacker and also knows when to score and when to pass. She finished with nine points in her team’s lopsided victory over Big3 2023 Pam as Full Package 2023 Black finished Thursday’s slate with a 2-0 mark.
Mia Soria – 2023 – Cibola HS – New Mexico D1 2023 – Soria may play for a New Mexico-based AAU organization, but her bread and butter comes in the form of what she does in the state to the Land of Enchantment’s west. Soria played a key role in the Raiders’ 22-4 2021-22 mark. She can be dangerous from behind the 3-point line and can make plays defensively as a ball hawk. Soria stands at 5-foot-6 and plays primarily in the backcourt. Making the correct passes is another element to Soria’s overall game. Soria is a multi-sport athlete who has also made waves as a golfer. She scored 10 points in a 44-39 win over M14 Hoops 2023 National which ran her team’s record to 2-0 for Thursday’s action.
– 2023 – Yuma Catholic – New Mexico D1 2023 – Sellers’ stock is in complete “buy” mode – that is evidenced by her Northland College, Alma College and Lake Forest College offers. She is a backcourt anchor for the Shamrocks who can score from virtually anywhere on the court. Sellers is an athletic 5-foot-6 who is also gifted as a ball distributor as well as defensively as a ball hawk. She is one who throws defenses for a (Chicago) loop with her multi-dimensional skillset. Sellers has also partaken in soccer, track and field and volleyball and her 16.4 points, 6.2 steals and 5.8 assists she averaged in 2021-22 led Yuma Catholic to a 21-8 record (7-1 in the 3A West Conference). Sellers had 17 points in a 44-39 win over M14 Hoops 2023 National.
Hannah Masud – 2023 – St. Charles East HS – M14 Hoops 2023 National – The Fighting Saints have Masud in large part to thank for its 22-7 record St. Charles East posted in 2021-22. The team also went 9-5 in the DuKane (DuPage and Kane Counties) Conference. She possesses a knack for taking care of the ball and limiting turnovers. Masud also has no issues with drawing contact and finding her way to the free throw line. Defensively, she causes problems for opponents with her ability to steal the ball and go the other way with the rock. Masud tallied 14 points in a hard-fought contest between M14 Hoops 2023 National and D1 New Mexico 2023.
Na’kiyah Robertson – 2023 – Downers Grove South HS – Illinois Lady Raptors 2023 – In many ways, Robertson is a prototypical big at this level of the game – with added skills to boot. She stands at an even six feet and one can already see that she possesses a strong presence in the low post area. Not only can she convert on high-percentage shot opportunities and bring down rebounds, Robertson has no issues getting physical and drawing contact which can put her at the free throw line. She is also a defensive anchor for the Mustangs as a shot blocker and ball hawk. Robertson finished with 19 points in a lopsided matchup with NWI Tradition Elite 2023 as Illinois Lady Raptors 2023 roared its way to a 2-0 Thursday.
Brooke Sartin – 2023 – Lockport Township HS – Illinois Lady Raptors 2023 – College coaches would be smart to get a look at Brooke as she leaves opponents shook. Sartin is poised to be one of the many rising seniors that will finish their high school tenures with an exclamation point. She can be accurate from behind the 3-point arc and will also draw contact and take her opportunities at the free throw line. Sartin approaches the game with a high basketball IQ and can keep herself out of foul trouble. Her overall skillset can be an asset to any team. She finished with 10 points – five of which occurred at the free throw line as Illinois Lady Raptors concluded its Thursday with a commanding win over NWI Tradition Elite 2023 – and an undefeated day in Chicago.
Aneisah Gail – 2023 – Highland HS – NWI Tradition Elite 2023 – With Gail, one’s team cannot fail. A standout rising junior in the always talent-rich state of Indiana, she arrived at Prep Girls Hoops 2K22 with her balling sneakers on. She understands that a great deal of the game is played on contact and that can give her plenty of tries at the foul line. Gail also understands that a team can be bolstered by accurate 3-point shooting – which she has. She stands at 5-foot-4 and is a backcourt stalwart. Gail finished with 12 points in her team’s matchup against Illinois Lady Raptors 2023 in the latter portions of the Saturday schedule.
Nariah Wilson – 2024 – Homestead HS – TML Splashers 2023 – Prep Girls Hoops remembers seeing Wilson with her AAU team at the Victory Region Finals. She has previous junior varsity experience before working her way to the varsity team. Wilson is listed at 5-foot-8 and is one of six rising juniors on the team. She plays the game with a fearless attitude and it shows in how she attacks the rim. Wilson is also a tenacious rebounder – including on the offensive glass. She knows when to score and when to pass, can drain her attempts from midrange and long range is not afraid of contact which can place her at the free throw line. Wilson scored 16 points in a hard-fought matchup with Real 2023.
– 2023 – Riverside HS – TML Splashers 2023 – Bond is a multi-sport athlete who has also made noise on the track and field circuit in addition to basketball. The 5-foot-9 rising senior has a knack for weaving her way through defenders and attacking the basket. Defensively, she keeps her arms active to potentially throw off an opposing ball carrier and can switch on who it is she is guarding. Bond will also have occasions where she will call the ball – an extension of the confidence she possesses when she takes the court. Bond scored 13 points in what was an entertaining contest towards the tail end of Thursday’s schedule against Real 2023.
– 2023 – Swan Valley HS – Real 2023 – Speaking of two-sport athletes, Resio’s second sport of choice is softball. She is listed at 5-foot-6 and plays primarily in the backcourt as a point guard. Resio possesses the ability to shoot the 3-point shot and make plays on the defensive end. She takes care of the ball well, has a fearless attitude and will attack the rim through a slew of defenders. Resio also knows how to make the correct passes. She led Real 2023 to a hard-fought 47-44 victory over TML Splashers 2023 to conclude Saturday’s schedule of games. Resio scored 15 points.
Delaney Seaman – 2023 – Ithaca HS – Real 2023 – Seaman is another dual-sport athlete who also plays volleyball alongside basketball. She puts a number of points on the board and is gifted as a ball distributor. One way that she gets herself on the scoreboard is via the 3-point shot. Defensively, she comes through as a stalwart and puts herself in position to corral steals. Another key element of her game is her ability to get out in transition. Seaman finished with a 13-point outing (which included a trio of treys) as Real 2023 earned a close 47-44 win over TML Splashers 2023.